By: Mir M.Hosseini
The construction of the Marmar palace with an infrastructure of 2870 square meters started in 1934 and was completed in 3 years by decree of Reza Shah. The architectural design of this two story building is a mixture of western and eastern styles. In 1970, the palace was designated as a museum. The area of 35,462 square meters had to be redesigned. Artifacts were gathered from around Iran. The last major party was an aircraft model, weapons, and military uniforms delivered by the army on October, 30, 1973.
There were some famous artists that worked in this palace such as Ostad Yazdi (tiling master), Hossein Lorzadeh (architect) and Ostad Behzad (painter).