By: Mir M.Hosseini
TP-AJAX Code name for a covert CIA/MI6 backed military coup that toppled the democratic regime of Dr. Mosaddegh on Aug, 19, 1953 and restored Pahlavi dictatorship. This event is a back page of US/UK conspiracy. What happened the following day is interesting as ABC's of a coup:
- A military curfew was declared in every city of Iran.
- General Zahedi sent the deposed Mohammad Reza Pahlavi as telegram inviting him back to Iran.
- Ghashgha and Boyer Ahmad tribes started preparing for an armed resistance.
- Many of Mosaddegh’s friends and dissident leaders were arrested.
- The ranks of officers involved in the coup were raised.
The coup d’état was the result of some other attempts to counter Nationalization of Oil in Iran. The British Petroleum which is also responsible for many other wrongdoings in the world was lobbied for a long time to persuade Americans to topple the Iranian regime with the pretext of countering communism.